Kiwi Particle Physicist

May 28, 2006

All Finished

Just headed back to Osaka tonight after the ILC school. It was a really good experience. Before I went I read through some of the lecture slides on the net, and was a bit worried because I had no idea what they were on about. It was all a bit outside my area of expertise. At the school though, the teachers all did a fantastic job, and the lectures were really well presented. Just reading through the slides probably isn’t the best way to learn.

Overall I picked up a lot more than I thought I would. There were a lot of other students who were also from non-accelerator physics backgrounds, and they all seemed to enjoy the course as well. Hopefully I will get the chance to take part in another of these in a few years time.

2 Comments:

  • Hello Dave,

    I would like your talk about ILC school on your turn in the Taku's lab meeting.
    If you are OK,
    I prefer one or a few topic(s) you were most impressed.

    Thank you,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 03, 2006 11:12 AM  

  • No problem. I was just going to start at the sources and go through the machine in order, but I wouldn't have anywhere near enough time. I'll have a think about what to present. Do you have any reccomendations?

    By Blogger Kiwi Particle Physicist, at June 03, 2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home