Kiwi Particle Physicist

April 22, 2006

Field Trip 1

Absolutely buggered. Just got back to uni from the field trip. The new bachelor’s students had way too much energy, and they were up yapping all night. The other doctor’s course students and I headed off to bed around 4:00, and we were woken at 7:00 for breakfast and then lectures all morning. I took a few photos at SPring-8 and the observatory, which I’ll post tomorrow.

Overall it was good fun. It’s the same trip I did exactly six years ago when I had just started at Osaka, and I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. It felt really odd to be the old guy answering everyone’s questions this time around, as opposed to one of the overenthusiastic new kids. Four years of undergrad should mellow them out a bit.

1 Comments:

  • Hey particle physicist, can you say buggered on a blog.
    Very interesting
    Mum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 28, 2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home